Secretary - WACFL
As the Secretary of a Club or League it is important that you know your role's objectives, responsibilities and to whom you are accountable. Below is list to help you get started.
• To ensure that appropriate administrative support is provided to the President, Committee and sub committees.
• To manage business considered by the Club Committee.
• To provide support to the Executive and Committee members to ensure the efficient operation of the Club.
• Establish a planning calendar for the year.
• Provide a coordinating and support role for the Club Sub Committee.
• Formulate the annual operating plan and manage its ongoing administration.
• Provide secretarial support to the Committee.
• Maintain an accurate copy of the Rules and By-Laws of the Club.
• Maintain a complete record of all activities around the Cub.
• Be familiar with the rules of the Club, League, WACFL, AFL and any other body that has governance to give advice to the President and Committee as required.
• Prepare minutes of all Committee and general meetings of the Club and distribute in accordance with the Rules of the Club.
• Receive all correspondence directed to the Club.
• Prepare and send correspondence in accordance with the direction of the President and Committee.
• Report activities of the portfolio to the membership at the annual general meeting.
• Prepare a comprehensive report of all activities of the Club for presentation to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
• Assist other Committee Members in their duties as required.
• Undertake tasks at the request of the President, Executive or Committee.
• The Secretary is accountable to the President and the general committee.
• Provide a report on any aspect of portfolio operations to the monthly Committee meeting.
• Seek ratification from the appropriate Committee member prior to committing the Club to any financial expenditure or action.