AFL Community Club
The Australian Football League recognises that club volunteers and administrators make a significant contribution to Australian Football. We also recognise that the demands on club volunteers and administrators are increasing along with the need for clubs to operate in a professional manner.
The AFL Community Club Improvement Program has been specifically developed to assist clubs to examine their current operations and identify areas for improvement.
Upon completion of the AFL Community Club Improvement Program you will be sent a detailed report that provides best practise information to help formulate action plans on improving your clubs operations and governance in the future.
Through this program clubs may receive recognition for good/excellent club administration:
- Quality Club - A level to recognise good club administration
- Gold Quality Club - A level to recognise excellent club administration
List of currently accredited clubs (21 Dec 2016)
Please direct any enquiries regarding your club’s current accreditation status through to your relevant state manager.
Starting the online assessment:
The online assessment should take about 30 minutes and it is recommended that a group of 2 or 3 committee members undertake this assessment together to ensure you get an accurate picture of the club’s operations and to ensure the report is effective in identifying areas for improvement.
To start the online assessment please follow these steps:
- Login to your clubs Footyweb account
- Click on AFL Community Club Improvement Program link on the right side under notifications (see screenshot below)
To ensure the integrity of the AFL Community Club Improvement Program your Regional Football Office may request evidence and documentation that demonstrates how your club has met various criteria.
Benefits / Rewards
Benefits of being involved in the program include-
- Creating a best practice guide for your current Committee and all future Committees
- Minimising the risks associated with running a sporting club
- Providing an atmosphere that will help attract new participants, officials and members
- Providing an environment that will be attractive to sponsors/partners and help your club broaden its appeal within the wider community
Based on answers provided through the Swisse AFL Community Club Improvement Program your club may also be identified as a Quality Club or a Gold Quality Club.
Once a club achieves the Quality Club level, the club will receive the following-
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Quality Club Logos for use on websites, letter heads etc.
- The club is listed as a Quality Club on the national club finder via www.playafl.com.au
Once a club achieves the Gold Quality Club level, the club will receive the following-
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Gold Quality Club Logos for use on websites, letter heads etc.
- The club is listed as a Gold Quality Club on the national club finder via www.playafl.com.au
Supporting Club Development Resources:
- Sample code of conduct
- Sample club smokefree policy
- Respect & Responsibility - Statement of intent
- Sample club vilification & discrimination policy
- Sample club budget template
- Sample match day checklist
- Sample position descriptions
- Sample risk management policy
- Taking the tackle - Respect is for everyone DVD accreditation form
- Sample Disability action plan