Jock Beattie WAFC's Newest Life Member
THE West Australian Football Commission has announced that WAFC Life Memberships will be awarded to long-serving community football identities Jock Beattie and John Davies (WAAFL).
Both will be formally inducted at the annual WAFC Life Members’ Association end-of-year function to be held on Monday, December 5 at Domain Stadium.
Induction to the WAFC Life Members’ Association is regarded as the WAFC’s highest level of recognition, distinct from life membership awarded by individual football clubs and associated bodies, and is awarded to individuals who have made an outstanding overall contribution to football in Western Australia.
WAFC Chairman Murray McHenry congratulated Mr Beattie and Mr Davies on receiving the honour and said both were thoroughly deserving of the recognition.
“Jock and John have both given a lifetime of service to football and really embody the dedication and passion that helps make football such an important part of our community and culture,” Mr McHenry said.
“Jock’s life-long involvement with country football over more than 60 years is a real testament to his passion and commitment. He has played such a valuable role in the ongoing success of country football in Western Australia.
“Likewise, John Davies’ 47 years as a Board Member of the WA Amateur Football League, including 19 years as President, is simply outstanding.
“We sincerely thank both for their leadership and the positive impact they’ve had on community football in our State.”
Yealering Football Club – Wickepin Association
- League debut and premiership 1950
- Wickepin Association Fairest and best 1956, three-times runner-up
- Wickepin Association combined side representative at Eastern Districts Carnival
- Eastern Districts Carnival B-section fairest and best 1953
- Yealering Football Club captain/coach – appointed 1958
- 1958 & 1959 Wickepin Association premiership captain/coach
- Yealering Football Club Life Member 1963
- West Australia Football League zoning subcommittee member 1970-1972
West Australian Country Football League
- WACFL executive 1973-1994
- Founding junior vice president 1973
- WACFL Country Liaison Officer 1984
- 2009 and 2010 played a major role in researching and compiling the country football history book, ‘A Way of Life’, which raised $50,000 for the development of country football.
- WACFL Life Membership 1993
- 2012 Order of Australia Medal for services to football in regional areas
- Current WACFL patron